Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We've Heard This Song Before


                                                        U.S. President Barack Obama delivers a statement on the lowering of the U.S. credit rating and the Afghan helicopter crash in the State Dining Room of the White House in Washington, August 8, 2011. REUTERS/Jason Reed

So while getting my usual political fix for the day, I stumbled across an article posted on yahoo's main page. It was a comment from Obama where while speaking to a crowd of supporters states that he inherited the economy. Here is exactly what he said:

"We do have a serious problem in terms of debt and deficit, and much of it I inherited" 


He then went on to say that the financial crisis made things worse, as well as the instability in finances for Europe . 


"What's absolutely true, even before these last couple days in the stock market, is that recovery wasn't happening fast enough, when you have problems in Europe and in Spain and in Italy and in Greece, those problems wash over into our shores," 

I would be lying if I said that Obama isn't right, but at this point in the game we do not need excuses from our commander in Chief, we need solutions or at the very least some suggestions. As a Liberal voter he has not done much to make me want to support him, and he has shown very little skill in negotiating with congress. So what he does now over the next year will weigh heavily on weather I vote for him again or not. I really want to believe that Obama is as great as we all believed, but over these past few months he has seriously made me doubt him. We need for the excuses to stop, and for some serious action to be taken, because if I get stuck with a shitty republican president who hates poor people, minorities, and middle class families, I will count his presidency as a failure.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment